In an effort to recognize educators who take the lead role in making their communities safer, NFPA presents the 2019 Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year Award.
We are looking for fire and life safety educators in the United States or Canada who:
- Work for a local/municipal fire department or fire marshal’s office.
- Use NFPA educational programs and materials in a consistent and creative way for their community/audience.
- Demonstrate excellence and innovation in reaching out to the community with NFPA materials.
The Educator of the Year receives:
- $1,000 honorarium which recipients can accept or forward to the charity of their choice, and be provided with travel (hotel and airfare) to the NFPA Conference and Expo in San Antonio, Texas the week of June 17th for an award presentation.
- Paid registration to attend the NFPA Conference and Expo.
- The local fire department or the fire marshal’s office receives a $1,000 donation to support public education activities.
Questions? Contact Lisa Braxton, Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year Award.
Information about the 2018 recipient and previous award winners.
The registration period for 2019 is closed.